18 October 2019 Portway Press - Newsletter
As we approach the end of the first half of the Autumn term, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the support you have given both to your child and to the school. This half term has been a really successful one, with all of the children working extremely hard to ensure they keep making progress across the curriculum. The term has been very busy both in the classroom and beyond. Highlights include:
- A successful visit form the Department of Health and Social Care where we showcased our outstanding work on supporting the well-being and welfare of our children, families and staff.
- Nojas Jelodelis, Year 4 (now 5) won the Lord Mayor’s Art Competition to design the party programme for the January Children’s Party at Mansion House.
- Some pupils went on a visit to Downing Street to interview a member of Parliament!
- An incredibly successful ‘Big Soup’ event for our Portway families organised by the school’s garden team.
- Years 5 and 6 have completed their swimming lessons for this year.
- Pupil Parliament members and vice members have been elected after a gruelling campaign and Eco warrior have begun to tackle sustainability at Portway!
- Successfully donated 300 food items to the Newham food Bank to support the local community.
- The family Choir is up and running!
- We raised £156.85 at our MacMillian coffee morning.
- We have ran a number of family workshops: Baby Yoga & Female Only Yoga.
I would like to wish the children, staff and families a restful half term break, and look forward to seeing everyone back at school on Monday 4th November 2019.
Head teacherBack to latest news