17 May 2019 - Portway Press - Newsletter
This week's newsletter has a variety of information both about what we have been up to this week, as well as future events to look forward to - please do make a note in your diaries. Highlights this week include:
- We are delighted to announce that a Portway Leavers Hoodie is available to order, for all year 6 children. Further information re how to order and costs will be send to parents via ParentMail.
- A number of year 4 children took place in a local tennis tournament, where they did very well.
- Our Nursery children have been lucky enough to enjoy planting their very own seeds this week - see the newsletter for details.
- Years 2 and 3 were very excited to come face to face with Matthew Mitcham, an Olymipic diver. They even saw his Olympic gold medal!
Upcoming events to make a note of include:
- On Friday 24th May, the day before the half term break, we will, along with other schools in London, be celebrating London History Schools Day. See the newsletter for more information.
- All children have had the opportunity to visit a place of worship this year. Across all London boroughs, a Places of Worship competition is being held; see the newsletter for details. Entries close on Monday 20th May.
Finally, a reminder that school will be used as a polling station in the European Parliamentary Elections next week. School will thus CLOSE for the day on Thursday 23rd May, and will reopen on Friday 24th May. The following week, commencing Monday 27th May, is the half term break.
All details are available in the school calendar.
Head teacherBack to latest news