16 November 2018 - Portway Press - Newsletter
Friday 16 November 2018
- This week saw our year 5 and 6 children participate in a local dodgeball competition, in which they displayed some excellent team work. Well done to all.
- As a school, we focussed on Remembrance Day by asking the children all to make a poppy at home, which we then made into a wonderful display at school. Thank you to parents for your support with this task.
- Please remember that the Book Fair will still be running at school next week, from the 19th - 21st November.
- Thank you to all parents and children for supporting our Children in Need fundraising drive. We will be able to confirm the final amount raised in next week's newsletter.
- We look forward to receiving posters from the children as entries to our Anti-bullying week poster competition - see the newsletter for more details.
- Congratulations to the Readers, Mathletes and Writers of the week, whose excellent work has resulted in the award of a certificate. Keep up the good work.
- Remember to start talking to your child about Action Aid's fundraising 'Big Me' day, when children will come to school on Friday 30th November dressed as what they would like to be when they grow up, to raise funds for this charity. See the newsletter for further details.
Thank you to parents for your support of the extra-curricular programme at school, which we continue to develop to enable the children to have even more opportunitites outside the classroom.
Back to latest news