05 April 2019 - Portway Press - Newsletter
Welcome to the final newsletter of the spring term. First and foremost, thank you to the children, staff and parents who assisted with the recent Ofsted inspection which took place on the 27th and 28th March. We will be in a position to share the results with all stakeholders early next term.
In other news:
- We held a successful SATS briefing with parents at school on the 1st April. The presentation slides are available in this news article.
- Congratulations to the last of this term's readers, writers and mathletes, whose names are published in the newsletter.
- Our Nursery children were out and about this week, visiting Plaistow library.
- Congratulations to our group of year 4, 5 and 6 athletes who took part in a cross country team relay event held at West Ham Park.
- We are delighted to share that we have achieved a Bronze Award from the Woodland Trust, in recognition of our commitment to protecting our environment.
And in more good news: we have recently been successful in our application for DfE funding to support our Breakfast Club provision at school. Breakfasts will be provided to children through the scheme, delivered by a charity partnership between Magic Breakfast and Family Action. In additiona, our full Breakfast Club (breakfast and high quality before school care) programme has been rebranded as Rush Hour; more information will be provided to parents via ParentMail.
Wishing everyone a restful Easter break. We look forward to seeing the children back at school for the start of the summer term on Tuesday 23rd April 2019.
Back to latest news