01 March 2019 - Portway Press - Newsletter
Friday 01 March 2019
This week saw a lot of activity at school, over and above the learning taking place in the classrooms. Some highlights from the newsletter include:
- Year 5 and 6 went on a school trip to the Institute of the Imagination, where they learnt about the different sort of work that computer engineers do.
- The London Youth Seated Volleyball competition was held this week - the newsletter has more information, but we finished a very impressive 6th out of 30 competing schools!
- Art Week took place just before half term - photographs are available both in the newsletter and on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Our Family Hub page has details of a large number of events and classes - everyone is welcome! Please use the contact details on the page to get in touch.
- As part of our commitment to the well-being of our children, staff and Portway families, we are working to continue to improve how we support all these groups. This programme of work will be assessed by the Wellbeing for Schools Award, run by Awards Place, in due course. Please see the newsletter, as well as ParentMail notifications, re how to get involved, and what this means.
- Finally, please check the school calendar for details of events planned this half term.
Thank you for your continued support.
Back to latest news