Results and inspections - we are an Ofsted Outstanding school
Portway Primary School is an Outstanding school across all categories.
On the 27th and 28th March 2019, Ofsted came to inspect our school, for the first time since March 2015. The inspectors were very impressed with all we have on offer at Portway; in particular, they singled out:
- Our broad, interesting and well organised curriculum
- Our children's positive, engaged approach to their learning
- The excellent academic progress that our children make at school
- The high levels of attainment in maths and English
- The way in which we work to support our children's personal development and welfare
- The way in which our children support and encourage each other
- The excellent behaviour of our children, both in lessons and around the school building
- The way in which all groups of children make excellent progress
- The excellent teaching across all areas of the curriculum, and the high expectations we have for our children
Please do take a look at the report, available to download on this page, alongside a copy of the letter sent to parents.
Results for summer 2020 and summer 2021
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the government did not conduct the usual summative assessments at the end of key stage 2 (known as SATS, which are sat by our year 6 children) in either the summer term of 2020 or the summer term of 2021. As stated on the Deparment for Education's Get Information About Schools website for Portway Primary School:
'No primary test or exam data has been published for 2020 or 2021'
A summary of the summer 2019 key stage 2 results at both our schools, available on this webpage, is published below. More detailed information (from both 2019 and 2018) is available in the document to download on the left of this page. Should you require any further information about the results at our school, please feel free to get in touch.
At Portway Primary School, we continue to work with staff, children, parents, our Borough and the local community to improve our school. Key indicators that help us measure how we are doing are provided below; clicking on them will take you directly to the relevant page on our website.
- Our vision and values
- Our curriculum for years 1 – 6
- Our Early Years curriculum
- Our approach to behaviour, together with a copy of our policy
- Our results, our inspections, and a link to the DfE Compare Schools and Colleges website
- Our admissions process
- How we use our Pupil Premium and PE and Sports Premium funding
- Our inclusive school, as well as our most recent SEN (Special Educational Needs) information report, our whole-school and deaf/hearing impaired provision maps and our accessibility plan
- How we fulfil our public sector equality duty, as well as our equality information and analysis and our objectives and action plans
- Our Charging and Remissions Policy, which is one of a number of key policies that we are required by law to publish on our website
- Our school is a member of the Boleyn Trust Teaching Schools Alliance (BTTSA). As a member of this alliance, we are also a partner school within the ELA Scitt - the East London Alliance School Centred Initial Teacher Training programme.
- Finally, as a public body, we have adopted the Information Commissioner’s Model Publication Scheme. This scheme, together with our School Information Guide, details information we make available to the public, and how we publish it. Details are available on the Leading Learning Trust website.
This page was reviewed in November 2021