Portway Press - Newsletter - 08 February 2019
Highlights this week include:
- A huge congratulations to Mr Smith, our PE coach, who supported our SEN team in a seated volleyball tournament last week. The children played brilliantly, and won the final! They will now represent Newham in the London Youth Games - watch this space....
- Thank you to our kitchen staff for putting on a celebratory Chinese themed lunch last week, to mark the start of the Chinese New Year on the 5th February...delicious!
- Our reception children very much enjoyed their bird feeding workshop this week - spring finally feels like it is indeed in the air.
- The Year 4 children extended their topic learning with a visit from Zoo Lab. Whilst some of the children were very keen to get up close to the creepy crawlies, others preferred to keep their distance!
- Congratulations to all our Readers, Writers and Mathletes of the week - you should be very proud of your achievements.
- Our children and parents are very much enjoying working together as part of the cooking and gardening clubs held after school. Please contact Wendy Zadigue (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information - or visit the Family Hub page of the webiste to see what we have planned.
Finally, we have been invited to partner with an organisation called Musical Dots, which aims to inspire, teach and support children through their original music. So far, videos encouraging both healthy eating and good sleeping routines are available on their website - our children will feature in susequent videos. Filming will take place next week - thanks in advance to all children and parents for their support and involvement in this exciting project.
Head teacherBack to latest news