28 September - Portway Press - Newsletter
Another busy week at Portway finished with a gathering of our school community, as staff and parents met together at our Family Hub to support MacMillan Cancer Support's World's Biggest Coffee Morning. We raised over £150, and expect the final sum to be even bigger. We enjoyed sharing this event on Facebook. Thank you to everyone for your support and for being part of our community at Portway.
Other highlights this wekk include:
- A group of 60 of our children have been selected to participate in the Bow Arts screen printing project - see the newsletter for further details of this fantastic opportunity.
- Our cross country team, made up of year 5 and 6 children, were awarded a bronze medal for their performance in the recent event held at West Ham Park.
- In other sports news, we were delighted to receive the Silver School Games Award, which recognises our sport development at school.
- We continue to focus on attendance at school in order to ensure that all our children have the best opportunity to learn. Congratulations to Westferry with 100% this week.
- Congratulations to this week's Mathletes, Readers and Writers, who were presented with a certificate in our assembly. Keep up the great work.
Thank you once again for your registration with the ParentMail system. We hope you are finding it a helpful and efficient way to receive school information. We welcome any feedback: please speak to a member of staff in the School Office, or the leadership team.
Head teacherBack to latest news