23 November - Portway Press - Newsletter
It has been an action-packed week at school, with a large number of our children taking part in events outside of school as part of our broad and engaging curriculum. Highlights include:
- A group of SEND children took part in a local pentathon, where they participated in curling, boccia, volleyball, cricket and basketball. Photographs have already been published on our Facebook page and Twitter feed. Congratulations to all the children who took part.
- Year 3 were fascinated to learn about how bread is made when they had an opportunity to make their own, right from threshing wheat to eating their delicious creations hot from the oven!
- The year 2 children enjoyed a visit to the nearby Olympic Park - an amazing resource available right on our doorstep.
- The year 4 children were delighted to be able to attend an Arts Award workshop, together with children from Portway. See the newsletter for a report from one of the children who attended!
- Our Children in Need charity drive collected a total of £300. Many thanks to children, staff and parents for supporting this.
- Congratulations to the winners of our Anti-Bullying Week Poster Competition. More details are in the newsletter.
- And last but not least: a big well done to our mathletes, readers and writers of the week. Keep up the great work you are doing!
Finally, please keep an eye on/follow our Facebook Page and Twitter feed to keep in touch with everything that goes on both at school and beyond. The school calendar is also regularly updated with details of events for children and parents. A further thank you to all parents for registering with our ParentMail system, which is helping to further improve home/school communications.
Head teacherBack to latest news