21 September - Portway Press - Newsletter
A big thank you to all staff and children who were involved in this week's SafeCIC audit of our safeguarding and child protection procedures. We were delighted to be awarded a Gold Standard - the highest possible award.
In other news this week at school:
- Year 5 and Year 6 participated in a Cross Country running event held at West Ham Park on Thursday. The children all did very well, with Makayla winning a bronze medal in the Year 6 girls' race. Please visit our Facebook page for more news and photos of the day.
- We are delighted to be able to publish the names of our Mathlete, Reader and Writer of the Week in the newsletter - congratulations to everyone. We look forward to seeing lots of different names on this list throughout the term.
- Last year, the children used the online maths practise programme, Mathletics, to great effect. Teachers set work, which the children complete; children can also select exercises for additional practice. Please support your child to log on to Mathletics when the passwords are provided.
- Year 2 enjoyed taking part in an important exercise which reminded them who they could speak to if they need help. The children made 'helping hands', which they decorated and then added names to.
- Year 6 enjoyed some autumn outdoor learning in the September sunshine!
We are also delighted to announce that our Autumn 2018 Family Hub Programme has now been published on the Family Hub page of the website. A copy of the flyer that has been sent to parents is also available as a download on this page. We look forward to seeing parents at any of the courses and events that we have timetabled for this term - all of which are free to attend.
Wishing everyone a restful weekend.
Back to latest news