10 May 2019 - Portway Press - Newsletter
Once again, my thanks to our staff, our children and our Portway parents for your hard work and support, which contributed to our school's well deserved Outstanding grade further to our recent inspection.
We are back to the usual business of school life this week - and are helping our Year 6 children with final preparations for their SATS tests, which start on Monday. Other highlights this week include:
- Our new Magic Breakfast breakfast provision, which is free of charge and open to all children, runs from 08:15 - 08:45 daily. So far, more than 70 children have used the club. Further information is available on the Rush Hour and Zones 3-6 page.
- All parents will have received information about the extra-curricular clubs on offer this term, which start on Monday 13th May and run for the remainder of the summer term. Please contact the school office should you need any assistance signing your child up for a club.
- Year 1 travelled all the way to Kew Gardens to support the learning they have been doing in science this term. We were very proud of the children: it was a long day out, and they behaved perfectly, showing examples of the 5Cs throughout the day.
- Congratulations to our Mathletes, Readers and Writers of the week, whose names appear in the newsletter.
- We are delighted to be able to provide children and their parents with a large number of opportunities to improve their knowledge of plants through the many gardening activities at school. The newsletter has futher details - any parents keen to find out more should contact our Family Liaison Officer - Wendy Zadigue - on firstname.lastname@example.org.
And...to showcase the enormous talent at Portway, watch out for more information about Portway's Got Talent ...coming soon! We know that we can count on the children's enthusiasm to show us what they are capable of, and are looking forward to it already.
Back to latest news