07 December 2018 - Portway Press - Newsletter
It has been lovely to see so many year groups having the opportunity to broaden and enrich their experiences through trips away from school. Highlights include:
- Year 2 visited the Museum of London Docklands, wher they learnt about set design as part of their theatre and drama topic in the classroom.
- Year 4 went to the Victoria and Albert (V&A) museum of art and design in Kensington where theyattended a workshop about Anglo Saxons, supporting their learning in the classroom.
- Hoxton and Liverpool Street were out and about locally, completing their Level 1 Cycle Training this week.
- Year 1 were very interested to learn from their visitor this week what life was like in the local area 100 years ago. The children were horrified to learn that they would have been expected to work, and decided they were far better off being a London child in 2018!
- Meanwhile, a group of year 5 and 6 children took part in a local basketball competition, where they played as a team and did very well.
- Congratulations to this week's Reader, Writer and Mathlete - as well as to our Reception Star of the Week - keep up the good work!
Finally, everyone is practising hard for the Christmas concert, which is taking place through a variety of different performances all on Monday 17th December. Full details are on the school calendar - click here to access Monday 17th December.
We look forward to a busy final 2 weeks of the term before the Christmas break. Thank you for your support in ensuring that your children attend school every day.
Head teacherBack to latest news