06 July - Portway Press - Newsletter
Welcome to this week's newsletter as we head towards the end of the summer term.
At this time of year, there are a number of festivals and celebrations as the school year draws to a close. We hope that you have been keeping up to date via our Facebook Page and Twitter account, which aim to offer parents a view of school life.
Some of the key events of the past week include:
- A very successful Sports Day was held last week, with Yellow House emerging as the overall winners. Congratulations to all the children for taking part.
- Our school Summer Fayre is taking place on the 19th July, just before school closes for the summer break.
- Our children were proud to represent Portway at the Newham Carnival, which took place on Saturday. Thank you to all staff who supported the children and enabled them to be involved in this festival of dance, colour and circus skills!
- A group for children were selected to participate in the Go Run for Fun race at the velodrome in the Olympic Park on Wednesday, as reported in the Newham Recorder. Well done to all children, who ran so well.
- At all times of year, ensuring that your child attends school is crucial to ensure that they don't miss out on work. Attendance is a focus for all our staff each and every week. Well done this week to Angel, with attendance of 99.1%.
Finally, parents will shortly receive an order form to use to place their orders for the school photographs which were taken recently.
Back to latest news